In our busy lives, many of us quickly apply deodorant or wash our hair with shampoo before leaving the house. But have you considered what you're putting on your skin and its impact on your health and the environment?
We often care about what's in our food. Similarly, we should also think about what we put on our skin.
That’s why in this blog post, we’ll dive deep into why by picking natural options for your personal hygiene products, we can promote personal health and help the environment.
Why choose natural deodorants instead of traditional ones?
While traditional deodorants are great at hiding body odour and keeping us dry, they might have some downsides.
Some contain synthetic ingredients like aluminium, which some believe may increase health risks. Over time, using these products might even make body odour worse by affecting our body's natural balance.
However recently, there has been a growing interest in natural deodorants. This shift reflects a broader understanding of our health and the environment:
- Letting the body do its thing: Instead of blocking sweat, natural deodorants let the body do its natural sweating. Sweating helps our bodies stay cool and get rid of toxins.
- Working with our skin: Our skin has helpful bacteria that tackle odours. Natural deodorants support this system without upsetting our skin's natural balance.
- Kinder Ingredients: Natural deodorants often use ingredients that come from plants. These ingredients are better for the planet and avoid harmful chemicals.
Choosing natural deodorants is not just a trend. It's a choice made with knowledge of what's best for our bodies and the planet. With many effective natural products out there, it might be time to try something new and natural for freshness.
Our natural deodorant recommendations
C.Lavie — LA SABONARIÀ deodorants
This essential deodorants from C.Lavie do not contain baking soda and are designed with an innovative deodorant complex containing three active powders that prevent bacteria from developing and eliminate bad odors.
Their cream texture allows easy application with the finger with a "0 matter" feeling. One jar provides several months of use.
Moreover, they are sustainable, organic, vegan, and hypo-allergenic, with no added fragrance and no allergens. They come in a 100% recyclable glass jar.
Naturhôna — Le Floral Deodorant Balm
With the scent of Provence, this 100% natural organic deodorant is perfect for you! A natural alternative to conventional deodorants, this balm neutralizes bad odors and absorbs moisture.
A no-frills formula with only valuable ingredients:
- Organic corn starch & sodium bicarbonate: absorbs moisture
- Organic shea butter: soothes sensitive skin
- Lavender, Palmarosa, and Organic Tea Tree essential oil: antibacterial and antimicrobial properties, and a delicate scent.
These deodorants are handcrafted and 100% made in France. They have clean and minimalist formulas, are nature & progress certified and are bio-ecological products.
Why opt for natural shampoo bars instead of traditional ones?
The hair care industry has been a significant contributor to environmental pollution, especially with the excess packaging and use of synthetic chemicals from traditional, liquid shampoos.
It's no surprise then, that a growing number of consumers are looking for greener alternatives, with shampoo and conditioner bars growing in popularity.
In essence, shampoo and conditioner bars are concentrated soap bars crafted specifically for hair washing. They're enriched with natural oils and ingredients that cleanse and nourish your hair, just like liquid shampoos and conditioners, but without the added water.
Why are Shampoo Bars gaining momentum?
- Eco-friendly packaging: Most shampoo bars come in biodegradable packaging or sometimes even without any packaging. Compared to the staggering 552 million shampoo plastic bottles that might end up in landfills yearly, this is a monumental shift towards sustainability.
- Water conservation: Traditional liquid shampoos are mainly composed of water, making their manufacturing and transportation carbon-intensive. In contrast, shampoo bars, due to their solid nature, conserve water right from the production phase.
- Long-lasting and cost-effective: A single shampoo bar can outlast two and a half bottles of liquid shampoo, offering up to 80 washes. This means not only reduced environmental impact but also more savings for you.
- Travel-friendly: Forget the days of leakage in your luggage or TSA restrictions; shampoo bars are the perfect travel companions.
Switching to shampoo bars might seem like a small step, but its impact on the environment is monumental. They're efficient, cost-effective, and versatile.
But beyond all the logical reasons to make the switch, it's also a step towards conscious living. Every time you opt for a shampoo bar, you're actively contributing to a healthier planet and less waste.
Our natural soap and conditioner bar recommendations
Solidly — Shampoo Bar
The Solidly shampoo bar is soft, volumizing, and sulfate-free. Vegetable glycerine moisturizes hair, and seaweed and ginseng work together to make hair supple and easy to manage, without looking dull.
It’s ideal for all hair types and doesn’t contain any plastic, sulfates, palm oil, synthetic colors or silicon. Moreover, it doesn’t include parabens, and is 100% vegan.
Solidly — Conditioner Bar
The Solidly conditioner bar makes your hair supple and shiny and easy to comb without losing its volume. It restores the hair and keeps the skin of the scalp supple.